The Audio PANCE/PANRE – Ten PA Board Review Exam Questions
Welcome to episode 67 of the Audio PANCE and PANRE PA Board Review Podcast.
Join me as I cover ten PANCE and PANRE Board review questions from the SMARTYPANCE course content following the NCCPA™ content blueprint (download the FREE cheat sheet).
This week we will be covering ten general board review questions based on the NCCPA PANCE and PANRE Content Blueprint.
Below you will find an interactive exam to complement the podcast.
I hope you enjoy this free audio component to the examination portion of this site. The full board review includes over 2,000 interactive board review questions and is available to all members of the PANCE and PANRE Academy and SMARTYPANCE which are now bundled together into one very low price.
- You can download and listen to past FREE episodes here, on iTunes, on Google Play Music or Stitcher Radio.
- You can listen to the latest episode, take an interactive quiz and download your results below.
Listen Carefully Then Take The Practice Exam
If you can’t see the audio player click here to listen to the full episode.
The following questions are linked to NCCPA Content Blueprint lessons from the SMARTYPANCE & PANRE Board Review Website. If you are a member you will be able to log in and view this interactive video lesson.
A 26-year-old female presents with several pruritic lesions on her dorsal forearms. The lesions are erythematous with vesicles, with a few beginning to weep. She works in a photography laboratory but denies any other possible exposures. Which of the following is the most useful diagnostic test?
A. VDRL serology
B. KOH prep
C. Patch testing
D. Gram’s stain
2. An elderly female presents for evaluation of exertional syncope, dyspnea, and angina. She admits that previous to these symptoms she had insidious progression of fatigue that caused her to curtail her activities. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
3. A 40-year-old female G5P5 complains of small quantities of urine leaking when she coughs, sneezes, or laughs. Her genitourinary examination is unremarkable and her urinalysis is normal. At this time, which of the following is the most appropriate management plan?
A. Refer for a cystoscopy
B. Recommend Kegel exercises
C. Refer for surgical correction
D. Recommend hormone replacement therapy
4. A 62-year-old male presents with complaints of vague epigastric abdominal pain associated with jaundice and generalized pruritus. Physical examination reveals jaundice and a palpable non-tender gallbladder but is otherwise unremarkable. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
5. Which of the following would you expect on physical examination in a patient with mitral valve stenosis?
6. A positive Wood’s light examination (fluorescence) demonstrates
A. viral infection with herpes zoster
B. bacterial infection with Treponema pallidum
C. parasitic infestation with Pediculus humanus
D. mycotic infection with Microsporum canis
7. In which of the following patients would one most likely find acanthosis nigricans?
A. A 55-year-old obese female with hyperinsulinemia
B. A 55-year-old male with an enlarged spleen and pancytopenia
C. A 24-year-old female with increased Lyme titers
D. A 60-year-old male with increased triglycerides
8. A 65-year-old male presents with back pain two days after he was shoveling snow. The patient complains of pain in his low back that radiates into his buttocks, posterior thigh and calf, and the bottom of his foot. There is associated numbness of the lateral and plantar surface of his foot. Which of the following disc herniations is most likely to be affected?
9. A 22-year-old female presents to the emergency department with a rapid heart rate. She appears quite thin and dehydrated. She denies that she is thin, stating “I am so fat that I can hardly stand myself! That is why I exercise every day.” She runs twelve to fifteen miles a day, and on weekends also bicycles forty to fifty miles. Her LMP was six months ago. On exam, she is 5′ 6″ tall and weighs 98 pounds. Temp 98 degrees F, pulse 100, respirations 18, BP 98/60. EKG shows sinus tachycardia. Laboratory findings include Na 138 mEq/L, K 2.8 mEq/L, Cl 91 mEq/L, BUN 35 mg/dL, Creatinine 1.1 mg/dL. Which of the following is the next most appropriate treatment?
A. Propylthiouracil (PTU) and individual psychotherapy
B. Hormone replacement and cognitive therapy
C. Weight restoration and family therapy
D. IV hydration and antidepressant therapy
10. A 52-year-old female presents with complaints of intermittent episodes of dizziness, tinnitus, and hearing loss in the right ear for 6 months. She describes the dizziness as the “room spinning around her,” with the episodes typically lasting for 2 to 4 hours. Physical examination reveals horizontal nystagmus and right ear hearing loss, but the remainder of the examination is unremarkable. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
Looking for all the podcast episodes?
This FREE series is limited to every other episode, you can download and enjoy the complete audio series by joining The PANCE and PANRE Exam Academy + SMARTYPANCE
I will be releasing new episodes every few weeks. The Academy is discounted, so sign up now.
Resources and Links From The Show
- My list of recommended PANCE and PANRE review books
- Download the FREE PANCE and PANRE Blueprint Checklist
- Sign up for the FREE daily PANCE and PANRE email series
- Join the Smarty PANCE NCCPA Content Blueprint Website + The PA Life Academy
- Get 20% of any Picmonic membership by using this link
- Use Code “PALIFE” and get 10% OFF THE RUTGERS PANCE AND PANRE REVIEW COURSE
This Podcast is also available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for Android
- iTunes: The Audio PANCE AND PANRE Podcast iTunes
- Stitcher Radio: The Audio PANCE and PANRE Podcast Stitcher
Download The Content Blueprint Checklist
Follow this link to download your FREE copy of the Content Blueprint Checklist
Print it up and start crossing out the topics you understand, marking the ones you don’t and making notes of key terms you should remember. The PDF version is interactive and linked directly to the individual lessons on SMARTY PANCE.